Monday 8 August 2011

Silver Dipped

Hey!

Today I have on my "silver dipped" nails. I love the way the silver tips are much more subtle than something I would usually wear. This blue color is one of my top ten favorite colors of all time, I think it is ranked at number two in my nail polish hoard ( Number one would be O.P.I.'s Suzi Sells Sushi by the Sea Shore which I have blogged about before ). For this look I used O.P.I. I Vant to be a Lone Star ( blue) and a popular one, Revlon Top Speed in Metallic ( silver ). Here are my current nails:


How To Get This Look:
1. Prep with a base coat.
2. Paint two or three coats of blue.
3. Take a old, cheap lip-gloss brush and pour nail polish remover on it then let dry.
4. Dip the now clean lip-gloss brush in the silver and draw on a silver stripe where the white part of your nail would be.
5. Finish with top coat.
Voila! Your silver dipped nails are done!

I love anything that re-invents the classic french manicure and this look is definitely going in my book as one of my favorite french tip manicures!

- Polish Queen


No comments:

Post a Comment